May Half Term Fun!Join us for a week of fun family activities exploring the varieties, uses and history of camouflage, with Tank Action Displays (weekdays only) and Tracked Vehicle rides!
PLUS: Kids who dress in camo visit FREE!*
What's On: Chieftain Tank Talk
• Climb inside a Cold War era Main Battle Tank and find out what life was like for the crew
• Find out how soldiers throughout history have turned to nature to help make themselves blend into the background.
Centurion Tank Talk
• Stand `inside` a Main Battle Tank and discover how the crews work and fight together
Tank Story Tour
• A guided tour of our flagship exhibition, exploring the history of armoured warfare
11.00am - 4.00pm: Tracked Vehicle Rides
• Experience the thrill of riding in a tracked vehicle as it thunders around the arena (£3.00 per person)
1.00pm (weekdays only) Tanks In Action
• See tanks roll into action, feel the ground shake and learn how tanks are used in battle
The Tank Museum Volunteer Modellers
• They will be attending 25th - 31st May displaying some of their military models and will be looking forward to passing on their modelling tips.
• Pick up our free Camo Trail and explore the Museum
• Join in our new Junior Tank Tour
• Children’s craft activities in our Kids Zone, colouring in and camouflage design
• Children’s Face painting (Wed-Fri)
*Dress Code For Little Soldiers:
Dig out your camouflage trousers, jackets, vests & t-shirts, and don your helmets, berets and dog tags. Then report to our Camouflage Hide on arrival for inspection. If passed fit for service, you will qualify for your free child admission#
#Terms & Conditions: To qualify for a free child admission, you child must be appropriately dressed as outlined above. A maximum of ONE free child admission will be permitted per full paying adult. A child is defined as being aged 0 - 16 years. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Never Miss Out
To find out more about other special events at The Tank Museum, you can join our mailing list. We will send you updates by e-mail and you will receive our quarterly Newsletter Tank Times – all for free. Click here
to sign up.
Find us on Facebook and `like` The Tank Museum