Tanks in Action Crew Day
Price: £270 | Time: 08:30 – 15:00
Our Tanks in Action displays are 30 minute demonstrations of tank mobility, where our visitors see a range of armoured fighting vehicles roll in our Arena. With expert commentary and life-like explosions, we explain how tanks have evolved and how they are used in battle.
In this experience, you’ll be put to work alongside our Workshop Team as they prepare for and perform a Tanks in Action display.
You’ll help ‘first parade’ the vehicles to be used – and assist our crews in carrying out mechanical preparation and maintenance work.
Then, you’ll climb into the commander’s seat of a main battle tank as it takes part in the Tanks in Action Display for a thrilling ride – in front of an audience!
Following lunch, you’ll be helping clean down the tanks before putting them away – having ensured they are ready for action the following day. This will be followed by a tour of the workshop facilities and our Vehicle Conservation Center.
Your Ticket Includes:
- An annual Pass to The Tank Museum – revisit again from free whenever you like! *
- Refreshments and lunch.
- Complimentary Tank Museum Souvenir Guide
- Private 1 hour tour of The Tank Story Hall
For booking & further information, please contact Natasha on:
T: 01929 405096 ext. 238
*Excludes special events – standard Annual Pass terms & Conditions apply.
- We will do our best to advise you of the Main Battle Tank you will be riding in upon booking, however this could be subject to change – and as short notice.
- This is a very hands on experience! We ask that participants have some mechanical experience or are competent and interested in completing mechanical tasks.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or over and at least 1.4m (4.6ft) tall, able to climb in and out of vehicles unaided.
- Please wear suitable clothing – we will provide black coveralls to wear. Please note, we do not permit the wearing of military or replica military uniforms.